Earth Day is a natural checkpoint for evaluating our habits and routines, to see where we can make healthier, more purposeful choices that benefit the environment and our quality of life. Building materials can play an important role in conserving energy, both during the production process and over time. Natural stone is one of many options that offer environmentally friendly benefits and long term sustainability.
A pallet of American Mist flagging awaiting transport from our manufacturing site
A versatile option for interior, exterior, and landscape projects, natural stone is available in different shapes, colors, and sizes, offering a wide range of possibilities for new and existing spaces. Whether you use it for a full project or as an accent, the elegance and appeal of natural stone is undeniable. It has many understated environmental benefits, which make it a premier choice for projects with a focus on reducing environmental impact (as well as enhancing your family’s health and well-being.) Here are five ways it stands out as an eco-friendly option:
- Natural stone is the original “green” building material. Manufacturing without chemicals means sourcing, extracting, and processing have a reduced impact on the environment. Stone quarries can be easily reclaimed, as a result, when they are no longer in use.
- No gases or chemicals are emitted into the atmosphere, or into the home, when working with natural stone. This helps create a safer, healthier atmosphere for workers and families.
- Cleaning natural stone is low-maintenance and simple. A mild cleaner and warm water usually does the trick, which is good for the earth and also saves time, effort, and money.
- Natural stone is recyclable and reusable. It can be removed and repurposed for another project, which reduces waste and impact on the atmosphere.
- Technology and practices are continually improving, and priority is given to environmental consciousness, minimizing waste, and maximizing efficiency across the industry.
You can learn more here about how we do our part to manufacture natural stone as sustainably as possible. To explore the range of natural stone products available for your next project, download our catalog.